Thursday, September 24, 2009

Needles!!!

I almost forgot to share some of the biggest work related news I've had in a few years. I can use needles at work again!!!!!

The PT licensing board has declared dry needling to be within the scope of practice for a PT if they have the appropriate training. That means I can use acupuncture again as an adjunct modality in my practice. I'm very excited. My clients are very excited and I have already seen some good results in pain relief and swelling management.

The wonderful spin off is that my renewed use of acupuncture has spurred me to review some of my Tradtional Chinese Medicine books and notes. This in turn has motivated me to spend more time meditating and centering myself.

I feel as if I've been released from a cage.

No comments:

Post a Comment